Sunday 5 July 2009

Wikipedia

Spent ages yesterday making a Pure FM page for Wikipedia, basing it on the student radio stations whos pages are on wikipedia already.

I got to the point where it was building up and starting to look good, and they put a notice on for "non noteability", fair enough there wasn't much content but give me a moment mate!!
So I continued on, adding as much content as I could... to be greeted by an email really late in the evening from Chris Yeoh (Equiptment and Training at Pure FM for those who don't know) saying that the page had been deleted.

By this time I'd already packed up for bed, so decided to deal with in the morning and watch Michael McIntyre's comedy roadshow instead.

This morning I signed into Wikipedia to find that the page had indeed been deleted, I went to the admin who'd deleted it's talk page to ask what was wrong with the page, (the codes weren't helping at all!!) to find that I couldn't ask because my user has been blocked!!

I applied for a unblock, to see if they'd let me back and it was declined.

1. Wikipedia hates me
2. Why can't Pure FM have a page when other stations do?

Not happy

Emma


P.S. I wasn't a complete mug, I'd already saved the coding I'd done so far on a google doc... so all is not lost!! (until google decides it hates me too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment